Dimensional Co-CEOs Continue to Build Out Their Leadership Team
November 29, 2018
Dimensional1 Co-CEOs Dave Butler and Gerard O’Reilly aim to provide first-class investment solutions and an unparalleled client experience. To drive that mission forward, the firm is elevating experienced leaders from within and bringing in outside talent in some key areas. These additions help ensure our leadership team continues to position the company for excellence in every aspect of our investment offering and client service.
“Our clients operate in an increasingly complex and competitive environment. It’s critical that we continue to help them stay ahead of the curve in every respect. Our leadership team additions reflect our unwavering commitment to serving our clients and supporting their continued success,” said Dave Butler, Co-CEO and Head of Global Financial Services.
“Our clients know we take a long-term view in how we think about markets. We also make long-term investments in our people. Investors in the future will have different needs than today, and we’re strengthening our leadership team so we are well positioned for our clients in the decades to come,” added Gerard O’Reilly, Co-CEO and CIO.
STRENGTHENING INVESTMENT AND CLIENT SERVICE CAPABILITIES
The following changes are effective January 1, 2019:
- Carlo Venes will become Head of Global Institutional Services. Carlo joined Dimensional in 2011, working primarily in the Singapore office as Head of Institutional in Asia ex Japan. In his new Austin-based role, Carlo will lead sales and client service efforts for institutions globally. He brings a strong client-centric perspective to this role.
- To enhance our client experience globally, Steve Clark will focus primarily on his role as President of Dimensional International, a position he has held for the past two years. Steve joined Dimensional in 2001; he led Institutional Services from 2012 to 2018 and the Global Portfolio Management team from 2006 to 2012. Steve is a member of Dimensional’s Executive Committee and will rejoin Dimensional’s Investment Committee.
- Ryan Wiley will become the sole Head of Global Equity Trading. John Romiza will step down from the Co-Head of Global Equity Trading role to focus on his responsibilities as Co-CEO of Dimensional Fund Advisors Ltd., Dimensional's Europe-Africa-Middle East business, alongside Nathan Lacaze. Ryan will continue to oversee trade execution strategies and coordinate all equity trading operations across the firm’s global trading desks. Ryan joined Dimensional in 1999 and has been involved in the development of electronic trading systems, algorithmic trading, and related trading technology systems and projects. Dimensional’s leadership team within equity trading includes Jason Lapping, a leader since joining the firm in 2010. Jason, who is based in Sydney, will take on increased responsibility as he transitions from Head of APAC Trading to Head of International Equity Trading. Prior to Dimensional, Jason spent 14 years in the equity derivatives division at Societe Generale, heading desks in London, Paris, Hong Kong, and Australia.
INVESTING FOR THE FUTURE
As the industry evolves, Dimensional is committed to helping our clients stay ahead of the shifting landscape and supporting the investor of the future. With that in mind, we are pleased to announce the following additions to Dimensional’s leadership team:
- Michael Holmes has joined Dimensional as Chief Technology Officer. He brings more than 25 years of experience leading technology efforts within the financial sector. He spent the last eight years at Bridgewater Associates and has worked at Greenwich Capital, Goldman Sachs, and UBS.
- Darcy Keller has joined Dimensional as Head of Corporate Communications, overseeing global internal and external communications. She will focus on growing Dimensional’s reputation for leadership and innovation and the important role it plays in delivering a great client experience. Until recently, Darcy was the Chief Communications and Marketing Officer at the Financial Times, where she spent 11 years in senior leadership positions and served on its board of directors.
- Al Sears has joined Dimensional as a Vice President and will focus on helping our clients navigate the evolving industry and technological landscape. Al joins after 15 years with BAM Advisor Services, a financial advisory firm that has used Dimensional funds for many years. As BAM’s former President and Chief Operating Officer, Al worked with 140 financial advisory firms across the BAM alliance.
1. “Dimensional” refers to the Dimensional separate but affiliated entities generally, rather than to one particular entity. These entities are Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Dimensional Fund Advisors Ltd., DFA Australia Limited, Dimensional Fund Advisors Canada ULC, Dimensional Fund Advisors Pte. Ltd., Dimensional Japan Ltd., and Dimensional Hong Kong Limited. Dimensional Hong Kong Limited is licensed by the Securities and Futures Commission to conduct Type 1 (dealing in securities) regulated activities only and does not provide asset management services.
US: Dimensional Fund Advisors LP is an investment advisor registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Canada: This material is issued by Dimensional Fund Advisors Canada ULC. This information is provided for educational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice or an offer of any security for sale. The information provided has been compiled from sources believed to be reliable and current, but accuracy should be placed in the context of the underlying assumptions. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees, and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently, and past performance may not be repeated.
Where issued by Dimensional Fund Advisors Ltd.: This material is issued by Dimensional Fund Advisors Ltd. (DFAL), 20 Triton Street, Regent’s Place, London, NW1 3BF. DFAL is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). ‐ Firm Reference No.150100.
DFAL does not give financial advice. You are responsible for deciding whether an investment is suitable for your personal circumstances, and we recommend that a financial adviser helps you with that decision.
This material is provided for information purposes use only. It does not constitute an invitation or offer to subscribe for or purchase any of the products or services mentioned. It is the responsibility of any persons wishing to make a purchase to inform themselves of and observe all applicable laws and regulations. Any entity responsible for forwarding this material to other parties takes responsibility for ensuring compliance with all financial promotion laws, rules and regulations. It is not intended to provide a sufficient basis on which to make an investment decision. Information and opinions presented in this material have been obtained or derived from sources believed by DFAL to be reliable, but DFAL makes no representation as to their accuracy or completeness. DFAL has reasonable grounds to believe that all factual information herein is true as at the date of this document. DFAL accepts no liability for loss arising from the use of this material.
DFAL issues information and materials in English and may also issue information and materials in certain other languages. The recipient’s continued acceptance of information and materials from DFAL will constitute the recipient’s consent to be provided with such information and materials, where relevant, in more than one language.
Investments involve risks. The investment return and principal value of an investment will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. There is no guarantee strategies will be successful.
Australia: This material is issued by DFA Australia Limited (AFS License No. 238093, ABN 46 065 937 671). This material is provided for information only. No account has been taken of the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person. Accordingly, to the extent this material constitutes general financial product advice, investors should, before acting on the advice, consider the appropriateness of the advice, having regard to the investor's objectives, financial situation and needs. Any opinions expressed in this material reflect our judgment at the date of publication and are subject to change.
Singapore: This material is issued by Dimensional Fund Advisors Pte. Ltd., which holds a capital markets services license for fund management serving accredited and institutional investors as defined under the Singapore Securities and Futures Act. This document has not been filed with the Monetary Authority of Singapore and should not be forwarded to prospective investors. This material is for informational purposes only—for institutional investors and licensed or exempt financial advisors. This information should not be considered investment advice or an offer of any security for sale. All information in this material is given in good faith and without any warranty and is not intended to provide professional, investment or any other type of advice or recommendation and does not take into account the particular investment objectives, financial situation or needs of individual recipients. Before acting on any information in this material, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, if appropriate, seek professional advice. Dimensional Fund Advisors Pte. Ltd. does not accept any responsibility and cannot be held liable for any person’s use of or reliance on the information and opinions contained herein.
Hong Kong: This document is deemed to be issued by Dimensional Hong Kong Limited (CE No. BJE760) (“Dimensional Hong Kong”), which is licensed by the Securities and Futures Commission to conduct Type 1 (dealing in securities) regulated activities only and does not provide asset management services.
This document is intended for distribution to “professional investors” (as defined in the Securities and Futures Ordinance [Chapter 571 of the Laws of Hong Kong] and its subsidiary legislation) only and is not directed to any person in any jurisdiction where (by reason of that person’s nationality, residence or otherwise) the publication or availability of this document are prohibited or which would subject Dimensional Hong Kong (including its affiliates) or any of Dimensional Hong Kong’s products or services to any registration, licensing or other such legal requirements within such jurisdiction or country.
Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, copying, reproducing, transmission or printing of this document are prohibited. This document and the distribution of this document are not intended to constitute and do not constitute an offer or an invitation to offer to the Hong Kong public to acquire, dispose of, subscribe for or underwrite any securities, structured products or related financial products or instruments nor investment advice thereto. Any opinions and views expressed herein are subject to change.
Japan: This is provided for informational purposes only and shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation to buy securities or enter into investment advisory contracts. This material is issued by Dimensional Japan Ltd. (DJL), which is regulated by the Financial Services Agency of Japan and is registered as a Financial Instruments Firm conducting Investment Management Business and Investment Advisory and Agency Business. The material contained herein may not be reproduced, copied, modified, transferred, disclosed, or used in any way not expressly permitted by DJL in writing.Dimensional Japan Ltd.
Director of Kanto Local Financial Bureau (Financial Instruments firms) No. 2683.
Membership: Japan Investment Advisers Association